Gas Fireplace Repair
We Provide Gas Fireplace Service Throughout Northern Utah
R & D Heating and Air Gas Fireplace Repair
Salt Lake City, Layton and Ogden can experience frigid temperatures in the winter, so it’s never a bad idea to have an additional heat source like a fireplace. A fireplace not only provides an extra heat source if something happens to your furnace but can also help you cut down on energy costs by using your furnace less. Not to mention, they provide a cozy and inviting atmosphere.
However, just like other heating systems, gas fireplaces can encounter problems. When this occurs, you can count on R & D Heating & Air to provide gas fireplace repair and services in the Salt Lake, Layton, and Ogden area. We have a team of experts who can identify the problem and have it fixed in no time. Please reach out to us today for more information on our gas fireplace repair.
Gas Fireplace Repair, HVAC, Appliance Repair, and more!
R & D Heating & Air is a local HVAC and refrigeration company serving the Salt Lake City, Layton, and Ogden area. However, we provide more than the standard HVAC company. In addition to repairing your furnace or air conditioner, we can also provide service to your gas-burning fireplaces. This makes us your one-stop-shop for all aspects of home comfort systems. Our team is professionally trained and certified to complete maintenance and repairs of your systems. You can count on us to ensure the job is done right.
Gas Fireplace Repair & Service
Though gas fireplaces provide an excellent source of heat, they can still encounter problems from time to time. When this occurs, you need a knowledgeable and reliable team to diagnose the problem and provide the appropriate repairs. At R & D Heating & Air, we have years of experience servicing fireplaces for homeowners in Salt Lake City, Layton, and Ogden. You can count on us to safely inspect and repair your fireplace and get it back to working order. No matter what type of issue your fireplace is currently experiencing, our team is happy to take a look and troubleshoot the issue. Some of the most common problems we help homeowners address include:
- The fireplace blower takes a long time to turn on
- The pilot light keeps going out
- The fireplace isn’t putting out much heat
Gas Fireplace Repair & Maintenance
Gas fireplaces are an excellent alternative to wood-burning options because they require much less maintenance. However, this doesn’t mean you can get by without maintaining them at all. It’s important that you have a professional take a look at your fireplace at least once a year to ensure it is in a safe condition. Doing so will help protect your home and family. Our team can help you complete maintenance for your gas fireplace and provide repairs if any problems are identified. The primary maintenance services your fireplace will need include:
- Annual Inspection: Gas fireplaces are incredibly low maintenance. In most cases, all they need is a yearly inspection and small adjustments to ensure safe and effective operation. During a professional inspection, the technician will check for any gas leaks and ensure the fireplace is venting properly through the chimney.
- Cleaning: Unlike wood-burning fireplaces, gas fireplaces do not require daily clean-up after each use. However, they still need to be cleaned regularly to ensure safe operation. While you can clean a gas fireplace on your own, it’s usually best to have a professional do the job, as it requires special knowledge and safety precautions.
Troubleshooting a Gas Fireplace
There’s nothing worse than going to turn on your fireplace to enjoy a cozy, relaxing evening, only to find that the fireplace won’t start. Before calling a professional, there are a few things you can check first to help narrow down the problem. It may be that the issue is caused by something very simple that you can take care of yourself. If your fireplace doesn’t start, you should:
- Check the Breaker: The problem may be caused by something as simple as a tripped breaker. Check your home’s electrical panel, and be sure the breaker your fireplace is on has not tripped. If it has, reset it and see if that allows your fireplace to start.
- Check the Gas Valve: Your fireplace needs gas to begin burning. If your fireplace won’t start, check the gas valve and make sure it is open to allow gas to flow freely.
- Check the Pilot Light: Make sure your pilot light is on. If it’s gone out, you will need to relight it. If the pilot light doesn’t stay lit, you may have a problem with a sensor that regulates the gas flow.
Why Choose R&D Heating and Air?
R & D Heating & Air is the right team to choose from for your heating, cooling, and gas fireplace repair needs. Though we’re a relatively new company, we were founded by seasoned HVAC professionals with years of experience in the industry. This means you can count on us to provide knowledgeable, honest service whenever you need it.
We strive to provide the best service for our customers, ensuring all their questions are answered, and their repairs are completed to the highest standards. Our team is fully licensed and insured for our customers’ protection and peace of mind. You can feel confident our technicians will provide you with the service you need at an affordable price.
Schedule Your Gas Fireplace Repairs & Service
If you need gas fireplace repair, R & D Heating & Cooling is here to provide the attention you need. Please reach out to us today to discuss the issue you’re having with your fireplace. Our team can set up a service appointment for a technician to visit your home.